The South Foreland Lighthouse.
The South Foreland Lighthouse is a Victorian lighthouse used by Marconi for the very first radio contact. The lighthouse sits on top of the cliffs and retains the original light mechanism. Excellent views can be had from the top.
St Radigund’s Abbey near Dover.
The Abbey was built in 1191 and survived until the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII. St Radegund lived from 518-
The gardens at Kearsney Abbey are laid out as informal parkland around two ornamental lakes through which the River Dour flows. The abbey itself was demolished many years ago although the west wing remains and is now used as a café facility for visitors to the park.
The site is popular at all times of the year but especially in the summer time when the lawns become a favourite picnic site at weekends. A play area for children is available and the lower lake is used for model boating.
The river flows through these artificial "ruins" at the edge of the Abbey grounds, before flowing under the road.
Taken from A20 Towards White Cliffs of Dover.
|Capel Le Ferne|
|St, Margarets at Cliffe|
|Wey and Arun Canal|